I’ve been craving something super spicy, maybe Indian or Thai food. Unfortunately we have no Indian restaurants and I wasn’t in the mood for our only Thai restaurant. I browsed Pinterest to get some ideas and finally decided on peanut noodles. I know that some people think that peanut butter and pasta belong nowhere near each other but I LOVE the combination!
I read several recipes and came up with this, and let me just say, it’s pure deliciousness!
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter (I used Creamy Natural Jif)
- 3 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Hot sauce to taste*
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked noodles
- 1 chicken breast, cubed (approximately 1.5 cups)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Green onions
- Over medium-heat, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, hot sauce, and broth in a sauce pan until combined.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and then add the vegetables. Saute the veggies until the carrots are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season the chicken well (I used Tex Joy Spicy Steak Seasoning, salt and pepper).
- Add chicken to veggies, continue to cook over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Mix noodles, sauce, vegetables, and chicken. Top with sliced green onions.
*The hot sauce I used (pictured below) is VERY hot so I literally only needed a couple of drops. Some hot sauces may require up to ½ teaspoon or more, depending how spicy you like it.